Summer is a time best shared together and your children are no exception. Below is a list of many fun and easy things you can do with your child…complete with links!
- Make a birdfeeder
- Build a backyard obstacle course
- Catch fireflies (now is the time!)
- Plan a bike parade by decorating your bikes and meeting up with another family who does the same
- Go fishing in one of our nearby lakes or streams
- Create a PIZZA herb garden
- Create a scavenger hunt for your children and then ask them to create one for YOU
- Attend a Fourth of July Parade in Round Rock
- Stargaze on a blanket away from the lights in your neighborhood and see if you can find all the constellations
- Visit a swimming park or pool, like Rock’N River Water Park
- Make a TikTok video with your kids
- Make homemade ice cream…in a bag
- Attend storytime at your local library…for children who don’t like to read, you can sign up to have them read to a therapy dog, so cool!
- Make stovetop smores
- Fingerpaint with pudding (licking afterwards is half the fun!)
- Boardgame nights are always a hit
- Have a dance party
- Have a water balloon fight
- Make popcorn the old fashioned way, on the stove!, and then have a movie night (outside if you can)
- Play frisbee golf at a local frisbee golf course
- Have your children make dinner for you (each child is in charge of a dish)
- Create a bury a time capsule
- Clean up your neighborhood by picking up trash and then sending the pictures of all the trash you collected to your friends and family
- Show your teenager how to change a tire and then watch them do it themselves
I hope you found at least one new thing to try with your child this summer! Have fun!
Sunrise Montessori Preschool has two locations in Round Rock. Interested in learning first hand what we can offer your child? Then book a tour on our website at Sunrise-Montessori.com or call us so you can discover why Sunrise Montessori Preschool is where YOUR family belongs!